August 30, 2010

Week 6: I'm LOSING IT!

Thankfully, I am talking about my body fat, not my mind! I weighted in again this morning. For the 6th week in a row, I lost weight. I am down another 1.5 lbs from last week which brings me to a total of 14.8 lbs, or about 30% of my 50 lbs goal. I am pretty excited about it.


Weight Loss Summary
  • Week 1: Lost 4.0 lbs
  • Week 2: Lost 3.1 lbs (07.0 lbs total lost)
  • Week 3: Lost 2.6 lbs (09.7 lbs total lost)
  • Week 4: Lost 2.0 lbs (11.7 lbs total lost)
  • Week 5: Lost 1.6 lbs (13.3 lbs total lost)
  • Week 6: Lost 1.5 lbs (14.8 lbs total lost)
As you can see by the weekly numbers, the amount I am losing each week is slowly decreasing. I think this is due to two reasons. First, I think it is easier to lose weight at the start, and I am expecting it to become more difficult as I continue with the Weight Watchers program. Second, I think I have the process dialed in better now than when I started. I was originally losing too fast, so I adjusted my food intake to slow the weight process. I have a pretty good feel now for how much I need to eat each week and I know how to adjust it based on the amount of my exercise.

I also struggled with some dizzy spells during the first four weeks. I think the dizziness was a result of low blood sugar. As I increased my intake to better align with my needs, the dizziness went away. I don't recall any dizzy feelings over the last week, and very few the week prior. But I had them daily for the first four weeks.

One last observation. I have my appetite back! During weeks four and five I had pretty much lost my appetite. I just didn't feel like eating. I had to force myself to consume the appropriate amount of calories so that I didn't start losing weight too quickly again. In hindsight, I believe the loss of appetite was a symptom of overtraining. I took some time off my running last week and that appeared to help my appetite return. Now I just need to make sure I focus on eating filling foods, which helps to control my appetite.

That's it for this week's weight loss report. I hope to report that I am still LOSING IT when I write next Monday!

6 comments:

  1. Wow nice progress! Just found your blog and ultramarathons scare the poop out of me. My cousin runs them and I just can't imagine doing that! I might one day, in the far future do a marathon, but man, 50K? That's nuts!!! But I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Nice progress. I haven't noticed my own weight loss too much, but I have been losing belt holes. (http://runningmanwannabe.blogspot.com/2010/08/bulletin-of-belt-jamooshs-thrilling.html)

    Thanks for the encouragement on my blog. I'd love to follow you, but I'm at a loss on how.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew--To follow The Trail Jogger, click one of the icons near the top right of my blog (Facebook, Twitter, RRS, Email, and DailyMile). Thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the weight loss man. That is real exciting news. Once I lost about 35 pounds, the weight loss went dormant for about 2-3 months. I really had to examine my diet and make a lot of changes. I never experienced the lack of appetite or anything like that though. I also started to introduce more strength training into my work outs. For trail running, you will need very strong legs and upper body and core. I started to also have key target sessions in my weekly regime such as hill training, speed work, ect.. Well, its a good thing you are losing it. Besides weight loss, there are other numbers to consider for getting more fit, such as your heart rate, size all around, BMI, etc. Take care man, and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Thanks for sharing. You are an inspiration. Keep it up! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger