August 28, 2010

My Best Run Ever!

Yesterday I was planning to take a rest day since I am just returning to running after recovering from my symptoms of overtraining. However, I received an unexpected invitation to run the trails. The invitation came from a person that loves to run, but she only runs on the treadmill at our local fitness center. She's never run the trails because she is afraid of the snakes and spiders and all the other deadly things that are out there (chuckle). I've wanted to run the trails with her since I started my challenge, but I've never been able to convert her. Who is this mystery woman? I am talking about my beautiful wife, Jane!

Jane didn't feel like going to the fitness center yesterday but she knew she wanted to run. So she asked if I was planning to go running. I said that I wasn't--that I was going to take a rest day. She said, "Ah, that's too bad... I was thinking of running the trail today." I've never put my running cloths on so fast! Within minutes we were in the Jeep and headed to the Northshore Trail.

We ran about 3 miles at a nice easy pace. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed running with my wife. I typically run the trails by myself. A part of me likes the quiet and the solitude. Some would look at running as an opportunity to get some time away from their spouse or significant other. Not me. I LOVED it. My run with Jane was by far the best run ever! I think she enjoyed it too. She mentioned that she might start joining me on my trail runs during the week... as long as I stay in front and fend off all the snakes and critters. I can do that!

4 comments:

  1. I am BEYOND jealous right now, Thom. Every single time I go for a run and see couples out there together chatting, laughing, and just enjoying each others company, I have to grit my teeth and clench my fists because I know there's no way in hell that I could ever convince my wife to do anything even remotely resembling physical activity.

    That would simply be a dream come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jimmy, I am definitely blessed by having a spouse that likes to run. I hope she continues on the trails with me. I love having her out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's awesome Thomas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger