August 16, 2010

Week 4: Two Weight Loss Milestones

I continue to lose weight on the Weight Watchers program. This week I achieved two milestones. First, I have now lost over 10 lbs. Second, I was able to successfully slow my weight loss to 2 lbs. this week. As a result, the Weight Watchers system congratulated me instead of yelling at me for losing weight too fast! Here's the message I received this morning:

You lost again this week! Congratulations, and keep doing exactly what you’re doing!

OK, I will do that! However, I am no longer worried about losing weight too fast, thanks primarily to all the comments I have received from readers. I've learned that the early pounds are much easier to take off than those that I will need to work on later. So I am enjoying the quick loss now. I will take what I can get.

Funny note on the 10 lbs milestone... I made a decision when I started that after each 10 lbs loss I would treat myself to a reward meal. Last week I was almost at the 10 lbs, so I was pretty sure that I would get there this week. I typically weight myself before and after my runs to track hydration, so I knew a couple of days ago that I broke the 10 lbs milestone. I had already decided what I was going to eat for my reward meal.

Honey roasted cashews!

So after I broke the 10 lbs level I went to the store and purchased a can of honey roasted cashews. When I returned home I opened the can and ate a few. They tasted INCREDIBLE! Better than I remember. I decided to eat few more. Then I closed the can and went on with my day... for about 10 minutes... then returned to the can and ate some more, and some more. By the end of the day I had eaten the entire can--and enjoyed every single one of them! Although it wasn't my intent to eat the entire can, I felt like I earned it and I loved it.

But that was a special occasion--a celebration of sorts. Now I am back to staying focused on achieving my weight loss goal. At 11.7 lbs lost, that puts me at about 23% of my goal, almost a quarter of the way there. I am excited and also a little proud of my accomplishment thus far.

How about you? What would you choose for a reward meal?

4 comments:

  1. Thomas, congrads on your weight loss. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about a reward drink -- like a couple glasses of wine? : ) Or a piece of pie! I love pie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. I find the "reward meal" a real slippery slope. One of the reasons I'm a little critical of Weight Watchers and other similar programs is they don't tackle the behavior modification necessary to keep the weight off. This is a *huge* problem for me. I take the weight off, but have a tough time keeping it off.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger