November 29, 2010

Week 19: Not Happy with Weight Watchers

I wasn't very happy when I logged into Weight Watchers this morning. My displeasure didn't have anything to do with my weight--I lost weight again last week. Instead, my displeasure was with a significant change they made. They changed how Points are calculated.


The reason why this bugs me so much is because it's taken me months to figure out the old points system, to get to a level of understanding and comfort with the system that I know how much I can eat and how much each of my core foods cost me (from a points perspective). I also know how much I earn through my trail running, so I can balance my intake with my burn and lose weight consistently (at least when I am following the program).

But now they have changed all the points calculations. And what irks me the most is that they aren't giving us an option to revert back to the old system. It wasn't broke, so why fix it?

The more I write the more pissed I am getting.

Deep breath. Step away from the keyboard.... calling Weight Watchers to talk about my concerns...

(corny on-hold music playing in the background... 5 minutes... 10 minutes... 20 minutes)

Hung up the phone, went online and cancelled my subscription.

OK, I'm back and I feel better now. With that off my chest, I booked a small loss last week, only 0.3 lbs, but I'll take it. Since I am no longer a Weight Watchers customer, I will need to figure the rest of this on my own. Stay tuned!

Weight Loss Summary
  • Week 01: Lost 4.0 lbs
  • Week 02: Lost 3.1 lbs, 07.0 lbs total, 3.5 lbs per week
  • Week 03: Lost 2.6 lbs, 09.7 lbs total, 3.2 lbs per week
  • Week 04: Lost 2.0 lbs, 11.7 lbs total, 2.9 lbs per week
  • Week 05: Lost 1.6 lbs, 13.3 lbs total, 2.7 lbs per week
  • Week 06: Lost 1.5 lbs, 14.8 lbs total, 2.5 lbs per week
  • Week 07: Gained 0.4 lbs, 14.4 lbs total lost, 2.1 lbs per week
  • Week 08: Lost 3.1 lbs, 17.5 lbs total, 2.2 lbs per week
  • Week 09: Lost 2.2 lbs, 19.7 lbs total, 2.2 lbs per week
  • Week 10: Gained 0.9 lbs, 18.8 lbs total lost, 1.9 lbs per week
  • Week 11: Lost 3.5 lbs, 22.3 lbs total, 2.0 lbs per week
  • Week 12: Lost 2.2 lbs, 24.5 lbs total, 2.0 lbs per week
  • Week 13: Lost 0.2 lbs, 24.7 lbs total, 1.9 lbs per week
  • Week 14: Lost 1.9 lbs, 26.6 lbs total, 1.9 lbs per week
  • Week 15: Lost 0.6 lbs, 27.2 lbs total, 1.8 lbs per week
  • Week 16Gained 0.5 lbs, 26.7 lbs total lost, 1.7 lbs per week
  • Week 17Gained 2.0 lbs, 24.7 lbs total lost, 1.5 lbs per week
  • Week 18: Lost 3.3 lbs, 28.0 lbs total, 1.6 lbs per week
  • Week 19: Lost 0.3 lbs, 28.3 lbs total, 1.5 lbs per week

5 comments:

  1. At some point you need to learn how to manage your weight/nutrition without WW anyway..might as well be now!

    Here's to being a loser! ;)

    -p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul--I love it when someone calls me a loser!

    After sleeping on it, I agree 100% that the change is good--its forcing me to learn how to manage my weight on my own.

    I did learn a lot while participating in the Weight Watchers program and I will now put that knowledge to work. It is time to transition from a diet to a healthy and nutritious lifestyle.

    Thanks for the help, Weight Watchers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are finding another way to get the weight off. I'm also on WW, and actually have lost 10 lbs since the PointsPlus program started. It was a change that made me go back to the beginning and journal and measure for me.
    Hey, whatever works, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    As you will probably know from our recent adds that I do work for weight watchers and there was many like you that struggled with the change but over time realised the changes were needed, I do recommend you giving it another go( you can ask me as a leader at any time) as we now work towards how food works in your body rather than something being "LOW FAT"..which aren't that good for you especially from a training point of view....I like you are very much into my fitness and since the plan have change to include more Protien and fiber it really helps my levels through sports.

    On a different note many congratulations on your success..having lost 59lb myself I know the life changing effects this has :D.... if only everyone had the same enthusiasm

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the word of encouragement, Sarah. I never thought losing the weight would be the hardest part of the journey.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger