November 24, 2010

Music To My Ears

My daughter asked me a question this morning that just about stopped my heart...

She asked if she could go trail running with me!!!

How exciting is that. My eight year old daughter wants to go trail running with her dad. Her request was like music to my ears! I suggested that we go for a trail WALK for starters. She has a tendency to get injured rather easily. She can get hurt just watching an episode of SpongeBob! She agreed and off we went!

We loaded up the Doodles and off we went to the Northshore Trail. We picked Far Gate because it has less traffic than the other parts of the trails, which works out better when I have the Doodles with me.

My daughter and the Doodles walking the Northshore Trail.
After about 5 minutes of walking the trail she told me how much she loved it and that she wanted to spend the rest of the day walking the trails. About 10 minutes into it she thought it might be better to turn around sometime soon because "the dogs were getting tired." About a mile in we found a spot for the dogs to get a drink from the lake and then turned around to head back to the Jeep.

Two miles of trail on our first outing. I'll take it!

I am hoping she caught the trail bug and wants to go again.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! My son does not enjoy running with me. It will come, someday, I keep promising myself. Good job hitting your goals and good luck at the RR50K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great that your daughter wanted to go out on the trails with you and I'm pretty sure she'll want to go again!

    It's a brilliant way to spend good quality time together - I'm trying to convince my husband to start running with me!

    BTW I really enjoy reading your blog - well done on your achievements so far, you're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger