November 15, 2010

Week 17: Not Surprised

I weighted in again this morning and didn't like what I saw. I wrote last week that I was surprised that I didn't gain more weight after all the left over chocolate I ate. But this week I will have to admit that I am not surprised that I gained weight again. I gained TWO WHOLE POUNDS. Ouch!

I was still tapering for my first milestone race and carbo-loading the last few days before the race. But bottom line, I wasn't tracking what I was eating, so I ate more calories than I burned. And the end result of that... I gained weight, again.

So, now that I've completed my first milestone race, it's time to get focused again. I need to hit the big reset button and get back to the disciplines that allowed me to lose my first 25 pounds. I know that the Weight Watchers approach works, as long as I actually follow it! And following it simply means tracking what I eat and stopping each day when I get to my allotted points. It's that simple. If I continue to follow the program, I will achieve my weight loss goal.

As I said last week, and as I will actually do this week... Reset, refocus, resume.
Weight Loss Summary
  • Week 01: Lost 4.0 lbs
  • Week 02: Lost 3.1 lbs, 07.0 lbs total, 3.5 lbs per week
  • Week 03: Lost 2.6 lbs, 09.7 lbs total, 3.2 lbs per week
  • Week 04: Lost 2.0 lbs, 11.7 lbs total, 2.9 lbs per week
  • Week 05: Lost 1.6 lbs, 13.3 lbs total, 2.7 lbs per week
  • Week 06: Lost 1.5 lbs, 14.8 lbs total, 2.5 lbs per week
  • Week 07: Gained 0.4 lbs, 14.4 lbs total lost, 2.1 lbs per week
  • Week 08: Lost 3.1 lbs, 17.5 lbs total, 2.2 lbs per week
  • Week 09: Lost 2.2 lbs, 19.7 lbs total, 2.2 lbs per week
  • Week 10: Gained 0.9 lbs, 18.8 lbs total lost, 1.9 lbs per week
  • Week 11: Lost 3.5 lbs, 22.3 lbs total, 2.0 lbs per week
  • Week 12: Lost 2.2 lbs, 24.5 lbs total, 2.0 lbs per week
  • Week 13: Lost 0.2 lbs, 24.7 lbs total, 1.9 lbs per week
  • Week 14: Lost 1.9 lbs, 26.6 lbs total, 1.9 lbs per week
  • Week 15: Lost 0.6 lbs, 27.2 lbs total, 1.8 lbs per week
  • Week 16Gained 0.5 lbs, 26.7 lbs total lost, 1.7 lbs per week
  • Week 17: Gained 2.0 lbs, 24.7 lbs total lost, 1.5 lbs per week

3 comments:

  1. I always gain a little weight while on taper, don't sweat it. Just get back on the "diet horse"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you weigh yourself daily, at the same time of day, and plot average, median, and std deviations? You seem like a number cruncher and may like the activity, and it'll give you an accurate number for your weekly weight loss. Otherwise, you'll be subject to the whims of your body on that specific day and time. It may be more depressing than it need be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to worry... you'lre weight will be down in no time! It's par for the course.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger