November 26, 2010

Too Damn Cold

I was planning to run the Fat Ass Turkey Trot with the North Texas Trail Runners this morning. We were scheduled to leave the MADD Shelter at the Northshore Trail around 7 am. However, when I awoke this morning it was cold... really cold. I know 28 degrees might not seem cold to some, but it's TOO DAMN COLD  for me! I decided to make a nice hot cup of coffee and play on my computer instead.

Early afternoon the temperature warmed to the mid 50's. Much better! So off I went to the trail. I decided to run from Far Gate so I could continue practicing for my next milestone race on the rougher terrain. I ran about two and a half miles in, turned around and ran back out to Far Gate.

Somewhere along the Northshore Trail.
I pushed my pace a little today, and I can feel it in my calf muscle. Must keep reminding myself that slow running is far better than no running!


Will probably rest tomorrow and then go for a nice long and slow run on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger