December 6, 2010

Week 20: Weight Loss Celebration!

Every ten pounds I reward myself with a celebration day. During my celebration day all bets are off--I get to eat whatever I want. I usually reserve this day for eating the JUNK that I've refrained from in the previous weeks. Yesterday was my celebration day. I hit 30 pounds!

For my celebration day I indulged in chocolate chip cookie dough, sour cream and onion chips, and McDonald's french fries. And I loved every bit of it! I will say all three left a rather nasty aftertaste, but I enjoyed them as they went down.

Now, as of this morning, I am back to focusing on my weight loss goal.

I wrote last week about canceling my subscription with Weight Watchers, not because the program doesn't work, but because they changed the program. I don't want to put the energy into learning a new points system when the old points system is working perfectly for me.

I found a free points calculator and a list of calculated foods online and I am going to do it on my own. I am not at a place where I just want to wing-it, but want to continue following the Weight Watchers program, just using the old point system instead of trying to convert to the new (and paying them for the privilege).

I created a little spreadsheet that I will use to track my points, and I'm off and running. Nothing has really changed except that I am tracking my points on my spreadsheet for free instead of paying Weight Watchers to track it on the website.

Stupid move, Weight Watchers.

Anyway, I made good progress last week. I focused on keeping a close track on my consumption. I really didn't want to gain weight on my first week off the program (well, not off the program, but doing my own version of it). And I am happy to report that I lost 1.7 pounds, which brought me in a a total of 30 pounds.

I am excited about chipping away at the last 20 pounds. At this rate, I should arrive at my goal weight in about 3 months, well ahead of my original time goal, but still achieving the weight loss at a health pace.

Onward!

Weight Loss Summary
  • Week 01: Lost 4.0 lbs
  • Week 02: Lost 3.1 lbs, 07.0 lbs total, 3.5 lbs per week
  • Week 03: Lost 2.6 lbs, 09.7 lbs total, 3.2 lbs per week
  • Week 04: Lost 2.0 lbs, 11.7 lbs total, 2.9 lbs per week
  • Week 05: Lost 1.6 lbs, 13.3 lbs total, 2.7 lbs per week
  • Week 06: Lost 1.5 lbs, 14.8 lbs total, 2.5 lbs per week
  • Week 07: Gained 0.4 lbs, 14.4 lbs total lost, 2.1 lbs per week
  • Week 08: Lost 3.1 lbs, 17.5 lbs total, 2.2 lbs per week
  • Week 09: Lost 2.2 lbs, 19.7 lbs total, 2.2 lbs per week
  • Week 10: Gained 0.9 lbs, 18.8 lbs total lost, 1.9 lbs per week
  • Week 11: Lost 3.5 lbs, 22.3 lbs total, 2.0 lbs per week
  • Week 12: Lost 2.2 lbs, 24.5 lbs total, 2.0 lbs per week
  • Week 13: Lost 0.2 lbs, 24.7 lbs total, 1.9 lbs per week
  • Week 14: Lost 1.9 lbs, 26.6 lbs total, 1.9 lbs per week
  • Week 15: Lost 0.6 lbs, 27.2 lbs total, 1.8 lbs per week
  • Week 16Gained 0.5 lbs, 26.7 lbs total lost, 1.7 lbs per week
  • Week 17Gained 2.0 lbs, 24.7 lbs total lost, 1.5 lbs per week
  • Week 18: Lost 3.3 lbs, 28.0 lbs total, 1.6 lbs per week
  • Week 19: Lost 0.3 lbs, 28.3 lbs total, 1.5 lbs per week
  • Week 20: Lost 1.7 lbs, 30,0 lbs total, 1.5 lbs per week

7 comments:

  1. Hey Thomas! Just wanted to drop you a line of congratulations. I have walked in your shoes, buddy! WW worked for me (I lost 70 lbs) and I haven't looked back since. I have been lifetime for a few years now. I have not taken the time to learn the new program -- doubt I ever will -- since I just go monthly for my weigh ins now. My belief is that since you have lost 30 lbs already, you are "safe" in sticking with the old plan. It obviously works for you. You have learned what you need to be successful and I am confident you will get to your goal! Nice job! Keep up the GREAT work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I think you are going to do great on your own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judi--70 lbs? That's impressive! I am of the same mind... the old points system is working for me, so no point changing it. Appreciate the affirmation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Parabéns por mais uma etapa cumprida.Que você consiga chegar e se manter no seu peso ideal.Abraço!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing great! 30 pounds is a lot to lose. I bet you feel the difference and your body is loving you for it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger