December 14, 2010

Peaceful

Today I resumed my training and went to the Northshore Trail to practice my ChiRunning technique. My run was amazing. No pain. No calf muscle issues. No stiffness of any kind. This run gave me the confidence to believe that I can learn how to run injury-free. But that wasn't the best part.

My training plan called for a three mile run. However, when I returned to the Jeep I just couldn't bring myself to stop. So I ran another two miles. In hindsight, I'm really glad I did.

During the last two miles everything seemed to click. I felt like I was floating along the trail, my body fully in sync, working the way it was designed to work. It was beautiful. It was effortless. It was the first time that running truly felt... peaceful.

I've never felt so absolutely relaxed during or immediately following a run. I hope I can duplicate the same experience tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome -- welcome to the Borg that is ChiRunning! And I totally get the part about not wanting to stop. Love the blog! -- Dave

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger