September 18, 2010

Houston Memorial Park Trail Pictures

I was in Houston for business part of last week. I was able to get out for a run in the morning on Wednesday and Thursday. My hotel was about 3 miles from Memorial Park so I decided I would give it a try. I had heard about the trails at Memorial, that they were a good option for train running in the city. I was impressed.

Most of the trails are fairly short, but if you sling them all together you can probably get about 8 miles or so, including the green out and back trail. Following is a map I found somewhere online...
Houston Memorial Park Trails
Anyway, on Wednesday I ran about 4 miles of the trails on the left side of the map, and on Thursday I ran the green out and back trail. Both were excellent runs, but I probably enjoyed the green trail most. Following are my Garmin maps from the two runs...

I've also included some pictures from my runs. Enjoy!

Trail Head at Memorial Park Houston
The Purple trail is flat and wide.
The trails are well marked.
Small river flowing through the park, couldn't find the name.
Ground covered in pine needles, makes for soft landing.
Pine trees tower above the trail.
Pretty vegetation, didn't eat any.
Somewhere along the green trail.
Have you run the Memorial Park trails? What do you like or dislike about them?

3 comments:

  1. nice blog. I've been thini\king of making one for my first marathon in feb in houston.
    Which of the trails listed do you recommend for up-hill training?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regarding hills at Houston Memorial Park, there wasn't any! Any Houston runners out there that can make a recommendation?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hills in Houston? That's funny! You have to go to the hill country or my part of the state to get hills in Texas. But for those confined to the city, Memorial Park is a great place to run. The USA Fit Marathon course is very flat. You should get a great time. Last year it was 20 degrees at the start.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger