September 30, 2010

Northshore Trail Run (Murrell with Daniel)

I had the great pleasure of running for the first time with one of my buddies, Daniel. He started running about six months ago and has lost about 30 lbs. so far. His long runs are around the 10 mile mark and he continues to improve. He doesn't get a change to run the trails, so when we had the opportunity to get together today, he decided to hit the trails with me.

Since this was his first time on the trails, I decided to take him to one of my favorite loops at the Northshore Trail. We headed east from Murrell Park and looped back once we reached Northshore Blvd. My training plan called for a 4 mile run, so when we arrived back at Murrell, we had to add on another mile. We ran west for about a half mile, than doubled back.

About 2 miles in we stopped briefly at one of my favorite spots on the trail, a little rock filled stream. Daniel was nice enough to pose for a quick picture! Then we were off and running again. 

My buddy, Daniel.
I typically run alone. But I must say that I enjoyed having the company. I just hope I didn't bore him to much with my slow pace!

We plan to run Northshore together again this Sunday. I hope to hook up with some other runners from the North Texas Trail Runners. If we do, at least he will have someone a little faster to run with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger