September 20, 2010

Week 9: Weight Watchers While Traveling

Over the last week I lost 2.2 lbs. Ya baby! I am actually surprised that I lost so much. Why? Because I was traveling on business and eating at restaurants most of the time. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with restaurants. Actually, I ate some incredible meals at some of the finest restaurants in the Houston area. However, from a Weight Watchers perspective, tracking points at non-chain restaurants can be difficult.

Instead of obsessing over the numbers I just made sure that I ordered good healthy food and that I practiced portion control. Instead of eating the entire plate of food brought each time, I ate the portion that I would typically eat if I made similar food at home. At some point in the future, after meeting my weight loss goal, I know I will switch to this type of approach. So I am OK with getting a little practice under my belt. Besides, the food was incredible!

I also made sure that I was able to get a couple of trail runs in while traveling. The exercise absolutely helps to keep the weight down. I didn't add in the points earned from exercise this week because I assumed that I was going to eat over my allocated points. So that probably helped.

Regardless, I am really pleased that I lost last week instead of gained.

Weight Loss Summary
  • Week 1: Lost 4.0 lbs
  • Week 2: Lost 3.1 lbs (07.0 lbs total lost)
  • Week 3: Lost 2.6 lbs (09.7 lbs total lost)
  • Week 4: Lost 2.0 lbs (11.7 lbs total lost)
  • Week 5: Lost 1.6 lbs (13.3 lbs total lost)
  • Week 6: Lost 1.5 lbs (14.8 lbs total lost)
  • Week 7: Gained 0.4 lbs (14.4 lbs total lost)
  • Week 8: Lost 3.1 lbs (17.5 lbs total lost)
  • Week 9: Lost 2.2 lbs (19.7 lbs total lost)
How do you watch your weight when you travel?

1 comment:

  1. Great job keeping up your dedication. I can't seem to keep up any diet. But I do tell myself, make the right choices most of the time (don't lose this way, but at least I don't gain)

    Congrats on a great job.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger