September 21, 2010

Northshore Far Gate Trail Run Pictures

I ran the Northshore Trail again today. My legs were a little heavy from the strength training I did at the gym yesterday. I know I need to include strength training in my weekly routine, but I also know I need to watch out for overtraining.

I started at the Far Gate and ran about two miles in, then turned around and ran back out--right in line with my training plan for today.

I don't get to run this part of the trail much because I usually run from MADD or Murrell and I do not yet have the range to get to the Far Gate. So I decided to start there instead! I'm glad I did. This part of the trail has the most variety. Let me show you what I mean.

It has nice water views...





... and some curves...


... and nice trees...


... little hills...


... and little bridges...


... some rocky parts...


... some gravel parts...


... and some sandy parts...


... there's rock ledges to climb...


... roots to navigate...


... and grass to run through.


With all this variety, it's obviously a great place to run. The one thing I can't figure out is why I'm the only one out here running today?!!!

3 comments:

  1. Because I ran there Sunday! That sand was harder than the hills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say that looks like a great trail until I saw the sand. Kind of like running in cement if you ask me....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fortunately, the sand doesn't last long! You're seeing most of it in the picture.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger