September 13, 2010

Week 8: Weight Loss Goal Back on Track

I was pretty frustrated last week when I weighted in. I had gained about a half pound instead of losing weight. In hindsight, I think the gain was good. I was starting to get a little lax about tracking my points and staying within my calorie budget. The small gain was a wake up call that I must remain focused on achieving my weight loss goal. Although I now have a red mark on my record, it was a motivator that I needed.

This week I hit the big reset button and regained my focus. In addition, I only ate a partial amount of the points I earned through exercise. My intent was to catch up from the misstep last week. My approach was successful...

Last week I dropped 3.1 lbs, putting me back on track with an average weekly loss of 2.2 lbs (I am still shooting for an average of about 2 lbs per week). Ya baby!

Weight Loss Summary
  • Week 1: Lost 4.0 lbs
  • Week 2: Lost 3.1 lbs (07.0 lbs total lost)
  • Week 3: Lost 2.6 lbs (09.7 lbs total lost)
  • Week 4: Lost 2.0 lbs (11.7 lbs total lost)
  • Week 5: Lost 1.6 lbs (13.3 lbs total lost)
  • Week 6: Lost 1.5 lbs (14.8 lbs total lost)
  • Week 7: Gained 0.4 lbs (14.4 lbs total lost)
  • Week 8: Lost 3.1 lbs (17.5 lbs total lost)
This week I will add my exercise points back in to slow my weight loss back down to the 1.5 - 2.0 lbs per week range.

For those of you who have lost weight, did you run into plateaus or experience setbacks like this? What did you do to regain your focus?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Thomas. I'm a new follower of your blog and tweets. a trail running newbie myself, I'm looking forward to seeing you achieve all the goals you've set for yourself. sometimes a little step back is the best motivation for getting yourself to moving forward!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger