September 27, 2010

Week 10: I Ate Too Much!

I missed the mark again this week, but for one reason and one reason only... I ate too much! I would love to blame it on an outing with my kids to CiCi's Pizza where I definitely ate my moneys worth, or on a welcome home party for a good friend who has been overseas for six months. However, in both situations, I ate too much. My own fault. No excuses. No blame. I ate more points than I had. And as a result, I gained weight. Bottom line, if you eat more calories than you burn, you gain weight. And that's what happened.

So, once again I find myself hitting the big reset button. I realize that if I am to achieve my weight loss goal, I must remain focused and do the heavy lifting, so to speak. So here we go again...

Weight Loss Summary
  • Week 1: Lost 4.0 lbs
  • Week 2: Lost 3.1 lbs (07.0 lbs total lost)
  • Week 3: Lost 2.6 lbs (09.7 lbs total lost)
  • Week 4: Lost 2.0 lbs (11.7 lbs total lost)
  • Week 5: Lost 1.6 lbs (13.3 lbs total lost)
  • Week 6: Lost 1.5 lbs (14.8 lbs total lost)
  • Week 7: Gained 0.4 lbs (14.4 lbs total lost)
  • Week 8: Lost 3.1 lbs (17.5 lbs total lost)
  • Week 9: Lost 2.2 lbs (19.7 lbs total lost)
  • Week 10: Gained 0.9 lbs (18.8 lbs total lost)

2 comments:

  1. Those bad weeks are gonna hit, don't sweat it, we are all human...besides, I sometimes think mentally we need them now and again. Look at it this way, over the last 10 weeks you've lost an average of 1.8 pounds a week...that's a great steady pace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thomas,

    Your weekly weight losses are actually higher than I would advise. Losing 1 pound per week means you have an average calorie loss of 500 per day. That is a lot. More than that means your taking a risk that your body won't think it is in starvation mode and slow down your metabolism.

    Another factor is age. I don't know how old you are, but as we age our body needs fewer calories to maintain itself, and we have to decrease our consumption of calories. I'm 73 and am finding that I need far fewer calories than I used to need -- even with my running.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger