September 29, 2010

Cross Training and Cute Restroom?

I decided to mountain bike for some cross-training today instead of going to the gym for my strength training. I rode from my house to the Murrell Park entrance at the Northshore Trail (about 2.5 miles) , then rode the trail to MADD and back to Northshore Blvd, then back to Murrell (about 6 miles). Once I arrived at Murrell I pointed my front tire for home (another 2.5 miles). So my total ride was about 11 miles, 6 of which were on the trails. Here's a screen shot of the trail portion:

Mountain biking the Northshore Trail.
I can say that I am definitely feeling an improvement in my fitness level. My legs are feeling strong and my lungs continue to heal from quitting smoking. I am excited about the improvements.

While riding I took a short detour to check out the progress of a new restroom that they are building on the trail. The restroom is located at the end of "Trail 5" and will become a new boat launch area during high water. Here's a couple of pics.

New restroom along Northshore Trail.

If it's possible for a restroom to be cute, I think this one would qualify!!!

Back to running tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. That definately is a cute restroom : ) We don't have those on my favorite trails unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I wonder how long it will stay 'cute'?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger