September 24, 2010

Boy Scouts to Rockledge Trail Run

I ran on one of the most beautiful parts of the Northshore Trail today, from the trail head near Boy Scouts to Rockeldge Park and back. My training plan called for a 4 mile run yesterday, but I couldn't get away from work long enough to make it to the trail, and I didn't feel like doing the treadmill thing, so I just pushed my scheduled run out to today. I'm glad I did. The weather was awesome and the view was far better than I'd ever get on a treadmill!

Northshore Trail near Rockledge Park.
Northshore Trail from Rockledge Park trail head.
I also met another trail runner on the trail. Kathy is also a member of the North Texas Trail Runners. It's always nice to meet other NTTR'ers on the trail. Kathy was kind enough to slow her pace so we could chat while we ran together for a couple of miles.

My next run is scheduled for Sunday. Hope to fit in some mountain biking for cross-training tomorrow.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger