February 1, 2011

Weather Or Not

It is so cold out today that not even my cat wants to go outside! Like I'm going to argue with that.

We are getting hit with a little winter weather here today. I know our winter weather is minor compared to what is in store for other parts of the country. But it doesn't take much to create havoc here in the Dallas / Fort Worth area.

A light rain earlier this morning turned to ice and a little snow. In response, most of the schools are shut down, many businesses closed, both major airports cancelling flights, wide-spread power outages, and every local channel is focused on reports showing cars struggling on the iced-over roads.

We suck at doing winter weather here!

So why would I want to go outside today? I don't. Not gonna do it. But I am in the last week of my mileage build-up before I start tapering for my next milestone race. Not gonna miss my miles, weather or not.

The solution... yea, the dreaded treadmill.

Didn't like it, but four miles on the treadmill beats no miles. Period.

How has the weather affected your running today?

7 comments:

  1. I am hitting the TM today, too. I am about to get rid of it, so I'm glad to have it and not even have to drive to the gym. I can handle cold down to about 15 but the winds today are brutal & there's just no reason to go out in that. Plus, it's too close to my "A" race to risk injury on icy streets or sidewalks. I said I'm going to be fearless in 2011, not stupid (no offense to anyone who actually goes out in this...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still resting from the Waco marathon on Sunday. I'm really, really glad I'm not hosting an event today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It means I'm going to have to get down to the gym before our SnowpApocalypse here in Michigan. The gym track is definitely much better than the t-mill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may have to run on the treadmill at the Y, and I haven't run on a mill in a few years. The roads are too dangerous right now. I'm on Cape Cod and we've been lucky and getting mostly snow and rain. Still too slippery on the roads though. I'm also training for a half marathon - Feb. 27. I'm kind of behind on that. Oh well. Hopefully the weather pattern will change soon. Keep up the good work on your training, even if some is on the dreaded treadmill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right, four miles on the treadmill beats no miles at all, especially at this point in your training. Hope that it warms up for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miles are Miles, way to stay consistent. Wish I had the treadmill... My basement ceiling is only about 7-8 feet, I would be banging my head on the ceiling every step! This winter has been brutal up in NJ! Good luck on your upcoming half. You seem to be well prepared!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger