February 16, 2011

Cross Timbers Trail Conditions

This weekend I run my next milestone race, the Cross Timbers Half Marathon. I just read an update from one of the North Texas Trail Runners about current trail conditions at Cross Timbers:

"I did an out and back of about the first 4 miles or so. Currently, the trail is only slightly drier than last year, where there were several spots with standing water. Currently those same spots are just very muddy and slick. The start, up the clay hill, will be very slippery. The trail has suffered from erosion and there seems to be more projecting roots than I remember from previous runs there. The first really steep hill with bare clay is going to be really treacherous." -- Hobert Richardson

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about! Sounds like it will be a fun time for all! The description reminds me of the run I did a few weeks back after the snowfall we had here in North Texas. The trail was wet and muddy and very slippery in spots. The trail conditions greatly affected my pace--I had to slow down so I didn't end up on my a$$!. So if the train conditions do not improve before the weekend, I expect the same will be true. No worries--if I have to go slower than planned, I'll just get to spend a little more time out in the woods. Who can complain with that!

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic attitude! Can't wait for the recap and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outlook! Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. You have done the training and now let that carry you to the finish line. Most of all, have a good time out there. Hoping the best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! Looks like you are on a great journey in achieving your goals. Very excellent! Keep up the good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous, it sounds like it'll be a blast

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger