October 22, 2010

Back At It

After taking a couple of days off to recover from my spider bite, I am back running on the trails. I really missed it!

Yesterday I ran about 6 miles, and I did about the same distance today. I did both days at a faster pace than previously, around 12 mpm or so, and both without injuries. I really think I've reached a turning point in my trailing. Hopefully now I can increase my mileage and remain injury free.

Here's a few pics from my run today on the Northshore Trail:






5 comments:

  1. great trail!! Love that second picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking at your pictures, thinking about how beautiful the scenery was and how I didn't know where I could find those views where I live...then I realized you're taking pictures of Grapevine! I live in Dallas, but haven't been out there before and have been wanting to do more trail running. If you hadn't found me on twitter, I might have never known! I spent my summer in Seattle running through damp forests and I've missed it so much, so I'm really happy to have found your site! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Thomas,

    Respect to you for embarking on this awesome journey! I've had an old achilles injury that always reared it's ugly head when I least needed it. After intense physio things are all good. Found these running form drills (by Danny Abshire) that I do 3 times a week that help a great deal with my running form - check them out!

    All the Best,
    Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  4. forgot to add the link - duh!

    here we go;

    http://www.goarticles.com/cgi-bin/showa.cgi?C=3056356

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful trail! one that really energizes a run. you're lucky to be running here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger