October 27, 2010

Seven is Heaven

I absolutely loved my run today. I took a rest day on Monday and had to travel for business yesterday, so today was my first opportunity to run the trail this week. Of course, I headed out to the Northshore Trail.

I ended up running just over seven miles and it was almost heavenly! The temperature was in the mid-60's, there were very few people on the trail, my legs and lungs felt great, and my pace is still improving. And the best of all... STILL no injuries!!!




I ran the opposite direction on the trail today. I prefer to run this way so that I can see the mountain bikes coming. I've had a few close encounters when they come up behind me unannounced. So I feel safer switching up my direction so I can see 'em coming!

Funny story... as I was running, I came across an elderly man who was hiking the trail. He called out to me to let me know that I was going the wrong way. I politely thanked him and kept running. Then, he started yelling at me... "Did you hear me young man... you're going the wrong way." That actually made me feel pretty good... he called me a young man! I'm taking a liking to this trail running thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger