October 10, 2010

Revenge Run (12 Miles)

I had a great run yesterday, but it wasn't good enough. By that I mean that I could not get my failed run from last weekend out of my head. So I decided to run again today and to attempt the run I planned for last weekend.

I started at the MADD shelter along the Northshore Trail and jogged to Rockledge Park and back, about 12 miles round trip. I kept the pace slow, practiced my new foot strike, and walked up the hills, all so that I wouldn't injure my calf muscles again.

View of Northshore Trail from Rockledge Park
It worked. I jogged the entire distance without any problem. And when I arrived back at MADD, I still had plenty of energy. I felt like I could have run it again. But I know I don't have that range yet. I will build up to it slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger