October 14, 2010

Chicago Run

I am in Chicago on business and was able to get out for a run after work and before dinner tonight. I left from my hotel beside the Merchandise Mart and headed east along the river until I arrived at Lake Michigan. I ran around the area a little bit before heading to the north side of the channel and into the Navy Pier. Than I headed north for a while and zigzagged my way through town and back to my hotel.
I had fun on my run. I picked up the pace a little bit, except for stopping at the lights. I found it a lot easier (faster) to run on the paved services. However, I much prefer the trails.

After my run I met a friend for dinner at Gino's East on Superior. We did the deep dish pizza thing and washed it down with a couple of pitchers of Oktoberfest. I'm gonna pay for it when I weight in on Monday!

Some pics...

Running along the river.
Entering Navy Pier.
Running north along Lake Michigan.
Waiting in line for dinner at Gino's East.
That's what I'm talkin about!!!
I love Chicago. It is by far my favorite big city. Can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger