May 17, 2011

Feeling Better

I continue to follow my 50K training schedule. My legs and feet were a little sore after I completed my recovery run on Sunday, but no injuries and nothing serious. They were still a little sore yesterday. But this morning my legs are feeling better. I still had a little soreness in the arch of my right foot, but otherwise, I felt good.

I did my scheduled 4 mile maintenance run on the trail this morning. I started out really slow and gradually picked up the pace. After about the first mile my legs felt great, no problems. As I write this an hour or so after completing my run, no problems.

I plan to keep my runs very slow and easy tomorrow and Thursday so as to conserve energy for my long run on Saturday. Assuming I complete it as planned, my Saturday run will be my longest trail run since I started my Three In Three Challenge, a total of 24 miles. I will also have my highest weekly mileage this week at 50 miles.

Bring it on!

3 comments:

  1. Be careful about arch pain! I ignored mine and kept running through and ended up giving myself plantar fasciatis (sp?)... and a stress fracture from running to compensate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you hitting the foam roller and massaging the bottom of your foot with a tennis ball? Very important part of recovery.

    You are doing awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jumper--I used to do the tennis ball thing but got away from it for some reason. Good reminder. I have one now under my desk and will start using it again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger