April 11, 2011

Week 38: Returning to Weight Watchers

I've gained weight three weeks in a row... probably four weeks if I had of actually weighted myself last week. Why? I think the reason is pretty obvious. Because I am eating more than I am burning.

I could blame the last couple of weeks on my ankle injury--I wasn't running so I wasn't burning as much. But that would be a cop out. If I run less than I should eat less!

I could blame it on reaching a set point. But the set point I was blaming a month or two ago was 5 lbs lower than where I am at right now! Nope, can't blame that.

I could blame it on summer. Warmer weather means more beer and barbecue! But that's still no excuse. I should still be able to have my barbecue and eat it too.

Bottom line, I am just not paying any attention to what I am eating.

I used to track every bite following the Weight Watchers program. And you know what... pretty much every week that I followed the program I lost weight. And if I go back and read about what happened during the weeks when I gained weight, in most cases I had stopped tracking my intake.

The solution seems pretty obvious to me.

The only way I see being able to get to my goal is to resume tracking through the Weight Watchers program. That is what I will do, starting today. I am half way to achieving my weight loss goal and I don't plan on quitting now. I will see it through.

Weight Watchers here I come!


Weight Loss Summary
  • Week 01: Lost 4.0 lbs
  • Week 02: Lost 3.1 lbs, 07.0 lbs total, 3.5 lbs per week
  • Week 03: Lost 2.6 lbs, 09.7 lbs total, 3.2 lbs per week
  • Week 04: Lost 2.0 lbs, 11.7 lbs total, 2.9 lbs per week
  • Week 05: Lost 1.6 lbs, 13.3 lbs total, 2.7 lbs per week
  • Week 06: Lost 1.5 lbs, 14.8 lbs total, 2.5 lbs per week
  • Week 07: Gained 0.4 lbs, 14.4 lbs total lost, 2.1 lbs per week
  • Week 08: Lost 3.1 lbs, 17.5 lbs total, 2.2 lbs per week
  • Week 09: Lost 2.2 lbs, 19.7 lbs total, 2.2 lbs per week
  • Week 10: Gained 0.9 lbs, 18.8 lbs total lost, 1.9 lbs per week
  • Week 11: Lost 3.5 lbs, 22.3 lbs total, 2.0 lbs per week
  • Week 12: Lost 2.2 lbs, 24.5 lbs total, 2.0 lbs per week
  • Week 13: Lost 0.2 lbs, 24.7 lbs total, 1.9 lbs per week
  • Week 14: Lost 1.9 lbs, 26.6 lbs total, 1.9 lbs per week
  • Week 15: Lost 0.6 lbs, 27.2 lbs total, 1.8 lbs per week
  • Week 16Gained 0.5 lbs, 26.7 lbs total lost, 1.7 lbs per week
  • Week 17Gained 2.0 lbs, 24.7 lbs total lost, 1.5 lbs per week
  • Week 18: Lost 3.3 lbs, 28.0 lbs total, 1.6 lbs per week
  • Week 19: Lost 0.3 lbs, 28.3 lbs total, 1.5 lbs per week
  • Week 20: Lost 1.7 lbs, 30.0 lbs total, 1.5 lbs per week
  • Week 21: Lost 1.6 lbs, 31.6 lbs total, 1.5 lbs per week
  • Week 22Gained 1.1 lbs, 30.5 lbs total lost, 1.4 lbs per week
  • Week 23: On holiday break, didn't track
  • Week 24: Lost 0.4 lbs, 30.9 lbs total, 1.3 lbs per week
  • Week 25Gained 0.4 lbs, 30.5 lbs total lost, 1.2 lbs per week
  • Week 26: Lost 2.6 lbs, 33.1 lbs total, 1.3 lbs per week
  • Week 27Gained 2.0 lbs, 31.5 lbs total lost, 1.2 lbs per week
  • Week 28: Lost 1.8 lbs, 32.9 lbs total, 1.2 lbs per week
  • Week 29Gained 2.0 lbs, 30.1 lbs total lost, 1.0 lbs per week
  • Week 30: Lost 0.6 lbs, 30.7 lbs total lost, 1.0 lbs per week. 
  • Week 31: Lost 1.3 lbs, 32 lbs total lost, 1.0 lbs per week. 
  • Week 32: Lost 1.3 lbs, 33.3 lbs total lost, 1.0 lbs per week.
  • Week 33: Didn't track.
  • Week 34: Didn't track.
  • Week 35Gained 5.0 lbs, 28.3 lbs total lost, 0.8 lbs per week
  • Week 36Gained 1.6 lbs, 26.7 lbs total lost, 0.7 lbs per week
  • Week 37: Didn't track.
  • Week 38: Gained 0.9 lbs, 25.8 lbs total lost, 0.7 lbs per week

5 comments:

  1. I never drink beer so I can't say anything about that other than it is the main reason for what we call beer bellies in NL. When you barbecue, cut what you eat and drink in half, limit red meat (if possible ignore it at all).
    and of course exercise.
    But you are right, to loose weight you should burn more than is coming in.

    You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUT BEER? That's almost blasphemy!!!

    All joking aside, when I started my transformation I quite drinking beer up until about a month or two ago. Strange thing that I've stopped losing weight since I started back with the beer! Maybe you're on to something?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ur honesty and ur page. Keep it up ur doing great!!!
    Stay true to what works for u n ur body. I found Everytime
    I try to do "something better" it never works n I go back to
    The original plan. I'm 45 trying to Lose the last 10 n can't get
    Anywhere w it. Stay encouraged on ur journey n thank you for
    Sharing. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Laurie. Thanks for the comment. I know tracking works for me. But I don't want to pay the Weight Watchers fee to use their online tools. So I am giving another online system a try: MyFitnesspal.com. You should check it out. Maybe it can help you with that last 10 lbs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is a topic everyone can relate to. I can honestly say that I am hungrier when I work out less, so that could be playing in to it. It's not a cop out, but if you are working out less, it could be why you feel hungrier. I have noticed I eat way more on my my rest days than on workout days.

    I wanted to chime in that if you have an iphone, an app called Lose It is awesome for tracking your intake. I love it because I always have my phone, so there are no excuses for not logging any food.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger