April 8, 2011

Feeling Good

On Monday I was cleared to run. I had an x-ray taken and it did not show any breaks or fractures in my ankle or foot. I was pretty excited about that. I didn't want to have to sit out for six or eight weeks waiting for a break to heal.

So I hit the trails on Tuesday for a short three miler. I added a mile on Wednesday and also picked up my pace. Then I added another mile yesterday for a slower paced five miler.

This morning my ankle is feeling pretty good. Still no pain. Yes, it is a little sore this morning, but nothing serious. It seems to be improving each day. I've been taping my ankle with RockTape--that stuff is amazing!

I realize I have probably pushed it a little over the last couple of days. I just couldn't help myself!!! So I am going to force myself to take a rest day today. I will run again on the weekend and will keep my mileage low and slow.

Assuming my ankle still feels good next week, I plan to complete the miles scheduled in my training plan. Fortunately, next week is a step back week for me, so I am not expecting any problems with it.

Thanks to everyone who posted words of encouragement during this frustrating time. You helped to keep my spirit up! I realize that the occasional injury is part of the game. But it's still no fun going through it.

How do you keep your spirit up when recovering from an injury?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger