April 26, 2011

Wipe Out!

Today I started on Week 8 of my 50K training plan. I typically try to pick up the pace a little bit on my Tuesday and Thursday runs and today was no different. Was able to complete my 4.5 mile run in a little under a 10 mpm pace, which for me is pretty good.

However, not everything went as planned. As a result of some storms over the last few days, the trail was a little wet, which I didn't factor into anything. And of course, as I was running around one of the switchback turns I slipped on some mud and down I went!

WIPE OUT!

Fortunately, the area where I landed was also covered in mud--no rocks or roots or snakes or poison ivy or anything else... just mud.

A few scratches on my right shoulder and hip. Otherwise, no injuries (well, except for my pride!).

Do you have a good wipe out story?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger