November 24, 2011

Thankful

Note: I have placed my blog updates on hold until I resume my Three In Three Challenge. Until then, you can follow my trail running at DailyMile.com.

I can think of many things to be thankful for on this special day. I have been blessed over the years. But I will limit my thoughts to the context of my Three In Three Challenge.

Today I am thankful to Dr. Santiago for encouraging me to start this journey. After setting my three goals (quit smoking, lose 50 lbs., run a ultramarathon) we started working on the first goal--quit smoking. I am proud to announce that as of today I have been SMOKE FREE for two years!

I can say that quitting smoking is one of the most difficult things that I have done in my life. But it is so worth it. If there are any smokers out there reading this, I encourage you to talk to your doctor and ask him or her to help you quick smoking. Yes, you will go through hell and back, but the journey is well worth it.

For encouragement, read how I quit smoking. Trust me... from someone who has gone through it, it is so worth it. Make the decision, call your doctor and get started down the path of living a smoke free life.

1 comment:

  1. From one ex-smoker to another, congrats on that goal being met -- isn't it the best not to be enslaved? (I'm going on 13 years. I quit when I was 33). The weight loss is also fantastic, but really the non-smoking thing, you CAN'T BEAT THAT!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger