November 22, 2011

Feeling Good

What can I say... I am running again and it feels really good. I know I need to be careful not to overdue it and to ramp up my mileage base slowly, but it feels good to be back out on the trail.

I am just going to focus on getting back into the routine for the rest of the year and then pick my next target race to resume training. I know I will achieve my ultra marathon goal this year. It's a no brainier.

Did I mention that it feels good to get back out on the trail again?

Just saying...

5 comments:

  1. YAY! I have to agree, that after injury- every run because a blessing! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!!! I am in the same boat and just ran my first trail run last Sunday in over 4 years. Being injured really sucks, but like you said, we have to be careful and smart about coming back...ramp it up slowly which is tough, but has to be done.

    Good Luck and train smart

    Harold

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya...soooo great to be back outside after a long hiatus. I just went through one myself. Happy trails!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't be afraid to listen to your body; if it's telling you it's ready, then it is. Some conventional concepts regarding injury are repeated as a matter of habit. Looks you've really got your priorities straight, when you run that 50k you will crush it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just come across your blog in my search for weight loss and ultra running success. I'd like to be able to cheer you to your goals and let some of my readers help too.

    I've spent a lot of time over the years nursing IT band issues and spent two months recovering from a 50 miler which I followed up a week later with a mountain marathon.

    Here's to a new year and reaching your 3 in 3 challenge.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger