January 1, 2012

Week R1--Weight A Minute

I'll admit it. I haven't been keeping track of my weight nor paying any attention to what I have been eating over the last few months. I was blaming it on my foot injury--you know, can't run so might as well eat! But when I stepped on the scale this morning I was shocked to see that I had gained 15 pounds from the last time I posted a weight goal update. I'm a little ashamed.

Since it is a new year and I am ready to start my training again, I am going to get refocused on my weight loss goal.

When I looked back over the last two years, the most success I have had with losing weight is when I was following the Weight Watchers program. I quit the program about a year ago because I wasn't happy with the changes they made to the points system. I had come to know the system and was very happy with it and I didn't have it in my to learn the new system. So I decided to go it along. Looking at my history over the last year, I've struggled to lose weight ever since.

So, this morning I joined the online version of Weight Watchers again, and my plan is to stay with the program until I reach my weight loss goal.

I am going to reset my weekly weight tracking posts back to Week 1 to treat this like a new start. I will add a R in front of each of the week numbers to indicate the post is part of the reset posts.

I have 35 lbs to go and 1 year to get it done. If I stay focused I know I can do this.

To my readers... do you use Weight Watchers? What is your secret for staying focused and continuing with the plan?

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you every success. I'll be following with interest as I'm also an injured runner, and a former Weight Watchers leader who has not been paying attention for the last couple of months. Oh, and I gave up smoking 1 year and 1 week ago so big congratulations to you on achieving goal 1. I know how hard that must have been but you did it so I'm sure you will also get back on track for goals 2 & 3 as well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aiming! I think the key for both of us is to just get back on the horse and continue riding towards our goals. I am comforted to hear that I am not the only one that struggles with this stuff. Have a successful 2012!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger