March 23, 2011

Saved

I have a soft spot in my heart for turtles, seeing that I run like one. Today was no exception. I was out for my regular leasurly jog along the Northshore trail when I came across a turtle. But this wasn't just any turtle... it was a turtle in distress! Somehow the little fella (I am assuming it was a fella) had fallen sideways into a space between two rocks (or maybe he crawled up in there from the left side of the picture)...


Now you might argue that he meant to do that. Maybe he wanted to sun his underside a little bit. Or maybe he had an ich he was tring to scratch. Don't know for sure, but I decided that if the little guy intended to get himself wedged in there than he could probably figure out how to do it again.

So I saved him.

I pulled him out of the gap between the rocks and set him down beside the water. Then I took a few steps back. After about 30 seconds he poked his head back out of his shell, turned toward the water, then jumped in and swam away (OK, he didn't actually jump, but it sounds better than "waddled his slow ass over to the water").


I felt pretty good about that.

From one turtle to another, have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. :) What a nice story! Thanks for saving a turtle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi people that are reading this! this is the trail joggers duther named lindsey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice story. :) I bet that turtle appreciates your help in his own turtle way.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trail running is always an adventure. Poor turtle. I'm glad you saved him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post very nice,I bet that turtle appreciates your help in his own turtle way. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger