January 24, 2011

Week 27: Oops... Again

Well, I gained weight again last week. I don't really have a good reason (or a bad one for that matter). I have been trying to eat smaller portions and to eat more frequently. Maybe I am eating too many smaller portions more frequently? Not sure, but I basically gave back almost everything I earned the week before.

So, it's time to regroup (again) and to come up with a new strategy (again) or to increase my resolve to stick with my old strategy (again) so that I can start losing some more weight (again).

Maybe I need to go back to counting points? But I much prefer the freedom of just eating when I am hungry and stopping when I am full. However, as I mentioned previously, I still haven't mastered that last part (stopping). I tried to reduce portion size and to allow more time before trying to determine if I was still hungry. Not sure what happened last week. It just seems like I couldn't eat enough to satisfy my hunger.

Do you ever get that way? You just can't seem to get satisfied? What do you do about it?

Weight Loss Summary
  • Week 01: Lost 4.0 lbs
  • Week 02: Lost 3.1 lbs, 07.0 lbs total, 3.5 lbs per week
  • Week 03: Lost 2.6 lbs, 09.7 lbs total, 3.2 lbs per week
  • Week 04: Lost 2.0 lbs, 11.7 lbs total, 2.9 lbs per week
  • Week 05: Lost 1.6 lbs, 13.3 lbs total, 2.7 lbs per week
  • Week 06: Lost 1.5 lbs, 14.8 lbs total, 2.5 lbs per week
  • Week 07: Gained 0.4 lbs, 14.4 lbs total lost, 2.1 lbs per week
  • Week 08: Lost 3.1 lbs, 17.5 lbs total, 2.2 lbs per week
  • Week 09: Lost 2.2 lbs, 19.7 lbs total, 2.2 lbs per week
  • Week 10: Gained 0.9 lbs, 18.8 lbs total lost, 1.9 lbs per week
  • Week 11: Lost 3.5 lbs, 22.3 lbs total, 2.0 lbs per week
  • Week 12: Lost 2.2 lbs, 24.5 lbs total, 2.0 lbs per week
  • Week 13: Lost 0.2 lbs, 24.7 lbs total, 1.9 lbs per week
  • Week 14: Lost 1.9 lbs, 26.6 lbs total, 1.9 lbs per week
  • Week 15: Lost 0.6 lbs, 27.2 lbs total, 1.8 lbs per week
  • Week 16Gained 0.5 lbs, 26.7 lbs total lost, 1.7 lbs per week
  • Week 17Gained 2.0 lbs, 24.7 lbs total lost, 1.5 lbs per week
  • Week 18: Lost 3.3 lbs, 28.0 lbs total, 1.6 lbs per week
  • Week 19: Lost 0.3 lbs, 28.3 lbs total, 1.5 lbs per week
  • Week 20: Lost 1.7 lbs, 30.0 lbs total, 1.5 lbs per week
  • Week 21: Lost 1.6 lbs, 31.6 lbs total, 1.5 lbs per week
  • Week 22Gained 1.1 lbs, 30.5 lbs total lost, 1.4 lbs per week
  • Week 23: On holiday break, didn't track
  • Week 24: Lost 0.4 lbs, 30.9 lbs total, 1.3 lbs per week
  • Week 25Gained 0.4 lbs, 30.5 lbs total lost, 1.2 lbs per week
  • Week 26: Lost 2.6 lbs, 33.1 lbs total, 1.3 lbs per week
  • Week 27: Gained 2.0 lbs, 31.5 lbs total lost, 1.2 lbs per week

4 comments:

  1. I know some top athletes that have gained weight even when cutting calories because they were overworked. Their cortisol levels increased leaving them with adrenal fatigue and gained weight that way. Are you overworking yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having the exact same problem - eating healthier and smaller portions and exercising more but still either not losing, or gaining in small amounts. It's helluva frustrating.
    I'm completely at a loss and also trying to analyse what the problem might be. Started with a food diary this week to see if I'm maybe eating more than I think I am, or maybe too little for all the exercise...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen--I teetered on the edge of overtraining a few months back and through that experience learned about the key symptoms to watch for. I don't have any of the symptoms this time around, so I think the issue is more of a problem with taking in more calories than I am burning (I am eating too much!).

    TBJ--I lost most of my pounds through the Weight Watchers program, and the core of the program is the food diary. After I quit Weight Watchers, I continued keeping track of my consumption and burn, kept them in balance, and continued to lose weight. So to your point, I think I should probably start the food journal back up again, at least until I lose the balance of the weight and complete my Three In Three Challenge.

    Thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go with what works best for you. Just make sure to be taking in enough fuel to be able to maintain your training. My husband made the mistake of not eating enough while training for an Ironman. His weight goal really affected his judgement when it came to proper nutrition for training. He says he would do it differently this time around!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger