January 11, 2011

Got Treadmill?

I was planning to run the trail today but I opted for a little jaunt on the treadmill instead. Why? Because...

IT'S TOO DAMN COLD!!!

Yes, we have some of that Canadian arctic air passing through Texas. I lived in Canada for many years, so you would think I would be used to the cold. But after living in Texas for the last five years, I don't do cold anymore!

So instead, I jogged about six miles on the treadmill while I caught up on some recorded CNBC shows.

Definitely prefer the trails. But ain't gonna do the cold!

Hope it warms up soon.

5 comments:

  1. Hope it gets warmer soon. We are at 12 right now and supposed to hit 15!! Overnight low is -3 and 12 tomorrow with 6" of snow. AND I have no access to a treadmill. Guess I will see what my body can handle tomorrow...in a very short run for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling, we've had a pretty cold winter in the UK so far but just means you need to run harder and faster :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thomas

    Thanks for posting a comment on my blog recently. A run on a treadmill is better than no running at all. Trust me on this! Good luck with your training for your first ultra. Once you run one, you'll be hooked.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  4. @x2bfroggy / Sarah CrossJanuary 13, 2011 at 8:29 AM

    This is my first "season" treadmill running. In fact, I had never run on a treadmill before. Through Twitter I found lots of support for the inner child that is kicking and screaming on the treadmill. I even learned the endearment term runners use calling it the dreadmill. I appreciate post such as this that assure me it is all worth it. I, too, do not do cold and joined a gym for only 4 months to get through the worst of it, then it's back outdoors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Thomas,

    Got your link from the listserv. Quit smoking, lose 50 lbs, and complete an ultramarathon? It does NOT get any better than that!! Best of luck to you! I'll be following.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger