April 28, 2012

SNAKE!!!

I am no snake expert, but I think I came across my first copperhead on the trail this year. I can say it startled me big time, just about had a heart attack!

I basically stood there for about a minute and waited for the snake to slither its way into the woods. I thought about trying to go around it but that would mean I would need to go off the trail I was convinced there were other snakes waiting for me! So I just waited, patiently.

Call me a wuss--but one of my trail running rules is... don't play with the snakes!

2 comments:

  1. Omg, that is scary!!! #notasnakefanatall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to hurdle!!! Joking, good idea waiting it out. Hope you paused your Garmin. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger