July 25, 2010

Northshore Trail

I usually run the Northshore Trail near Flower Mound, TX. It is arguably the best running and mountain biking trail in North Texas. I typically take a few pics as I jog so I can show others what the trail is like. Here's a few pics from my jog this morning, followed by a few maps of the trail. For updated GPS data, see my Northshore Trail GPS Data on Garmin.

To help you find the trail heads, I created a Google Map with markers for (from top-left to bottom-right), Twin Coves (also known as "Far Gate"), Shoreline Drive, MADD Shelter (most popular), Murrell Park, Boy Scouts, and Rockledge Park (fee to enter):



View Northshore Trail--Trail Heads in a larger map


If you have any questions about the trail, just post a comment. Enjoy!

New path cut through bamboo along the Northshore Trail.

View of Lake Grapevine from the Northshore Trail.

A view of Little Pete's in the distance along the Northshore Trail.
Map of Northshore Trail (click to enlarge)
See my most recent posts about the Northshore Trail.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh, DFW! I have visited Grapevine before a long time ago. Great Place I say. I miss El Burrito and Jack in the Box monster tacos. lol Looks like an awesome trail man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome trail! Wish I could find some like that up here in MN :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Thomas,
    Great blog site. I'm new to the DFW area , having moved here from Canada and am looking for some trails to run. Just saw your NorthShore trail video - where's the best place to park to get to this trail?

    Stuart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stuart, check out the Northshore Trail Heads map to locate the trail heads. The most popular location is the MADD shelter. More details on the Trail Head map.

    You should also join the North Texas Trail Runners. They are a great local trail running organization.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger