July 26, 2010

Week 1: Making Progress On Weight Loss Goal

As I wrote previously, one of my goals is to lose 50 lbs. As part of that effort I decided to join Weight Watchers about a week ago. I have been following the program exactly. Today was my first weight in (online report, not going to meetings). I am happy to report that I lost 4 lbs. in my first week. That puts me at 8% of my goal. I am very happy with my first week's progress.

So far I love the Weight Watchers program. The online version shows me how much I should eat each day and allows me to quickly and easily track my food intake. I can even update from my Blackberry! By using the program I am learning proper portion size and able to make better informed decisions about the foods I choose to eat. There isn't really any restrictions on the type of food I can eat, but instead, restrictions on the total amount of food. So if I choose to eat crap, I can just eat less of it than if I choose to eat good healthy food. For now, I am making healthy decisions.

1 comment:

  1. You will find that you will more or less choose to eat the healthier foods especially taking on trail running. I did not use a diet really to lose weight. Once I began running, the rest took care of itself. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger