June 26, 2011

An Easy Recovery Week

I didn't get a lot of mileage in this last week due to some personal commitments. But I am OK with that. After completing my highest mileage week last week, I think it was good to give my body a rest.

I ran an eight miler on the treadmill on Wednesday and a six miler today on the trail. I pushed it hard on the treadmill and that felt really good. I took it rather easy on the trail today and that felt good also!

I have one more big week this week and then I taper for my birthday ultramarathon. However, I am starting to rethink whether or not I am going to run my first ultra on my birthday. Part of me wants to wait until the Rockledge Rumble. I know I can go the distance now, but I sorta want to wait until the official event for my first. Will think about it more this week and then decide by end of the week.

Otherwise, I feel great! My ankle seems to have recovered. My legs feel strong. I am full of energy. It's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010-2012 Thomas Kennedy
All rights reserved.

Contact The Trail Jogger